Transmission vs. Survivorship

Transmission vs. Survivorship

Transmission Application:

When a sole proprietor or tenant in common passes away the land can be transferred to their executor or administrator of their will.

Once the Probate Office has issued the Grant of Probate (or Probate document) we are able to prepare and lodge the Transmission Application.

The property will then be disbursed as per the will, for example transferred to the beneficiary or sold.


Survivorship Application:

When multiple proprietors are registered as joint tenants and one or more passes away the other proprietor/s have the right to have the property transferred into their names by survivorship.

In order to do a Survivorship we must have the original Death Certificate as evidence of death.


Post A Comment